Fender Musical Instruments Corporation and all of its affiliates and subsidiaries (“Fender” or “us” or “we” or “Company”) appreciate your use of Fender Play and we understand your concerns about privacy. So, we want you to understand what types of information we collect on this site and what may happen to that information.
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
1575 N. Gower Street, Suite 170
Los Angeles, CA 90028
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Personally Identifiable Information
You are not required to provide personally identifiable information in order to visit Fender Play. You must, however, register and provide personally identifiable information in order to access certain portions or use some or all of the features of certain Fender Play, receive Fender communications, and to enter contests and other promotions.
Fender may use content you provide us through emails, responses to polls, contests or sweepstakes or any other promotional activity. Please be advised that your submissions become the property of Fender and may be used by Fender for any lawful purpose, subject to applicable law. Fender can edit, rewrite, use, and reuse the content of your submissions, including your name, likeness, photograph, and biographical information in any way and in any media whether now known or invented in the future, with or without attribution, including publication in online publications, trade media, and advertising. You agree that any content you send us will not violate any rights of any third-party and that you will only send us content for which you own the rights.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Fender also collects other information that is not personally identifiable to you, but results solely from your visit to Fender Play. For example, we may collect Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses. We may use web beacons and cookies, which may be placed on your computer when you access Fender Play.
- IP Addresses Your Internet Protocol ("IP") address is usually associated with the place from which you enter the Internet, like your Internet Service Provider, your company or your university. By collecting your IP address, Fender's server may record the referring page that linked you to Fender Play (e.g., another website or a search engine), if a website then the pages you visit on this website, the website you visit after this website, the ads you see or click on, other information about the type of web browser, computer, platform, related software and settings you are using, any search terms you have entered on Fender Play or a referral website, and other usage activity and data logged by our web servers. Fender may also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers, gather broad demographic and geographic information, and administer our Fender Play. Fender may also link this information with your personally identifiable information when Fender feels that it is necessary to enforce compliance with its rules and policies, terms of service, or to protect its Fender Play, customers or others.
- Web Beacons Web beacons are Internet tools, such as transparent images on a website or in e-mails that we may send you, that help us to determine, for instance, the number of visitors to a Fender Play, whether a page has been viewed or an e-mail opened, or to collect other related information, and this information may be associated with your unique browser, device identifier, or IP address. For example, when you ask us to send you information on a promotion or newsletter, we may use web beacons to determine how many of the e-mails we sent were actually opened. In general, any electronic image viewed as part of a web page, including a banner ad, can contain a web beacon.
- Google AdWords Remarketing Fender uses Google AdWords Remarketing and Google Analytics to advertise Fender Play products across the Internet. AdWords Remarketing will display relevant ads tailored to you based on what parts of Fender Play you have viewed by placing a cookie on your machine. THIS COOKIE DOES NOT IDENTIFY YOU OR GIVE ACCESS TO YOUR COMPUTER. The cookie is used to say "This person visited this page, so show them ads relating to that page." AdWords Remarketing allows Fender to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you. How to Opt-Out of Remarketing and Advertising: If you do not wish to participate in our AdWords Remarketing, you can opt out by visiting Google's Ads Preferences Manager.
- Mobile Device and Mobile Browser You may adjust settings on your mobile device and mobile browser regarding cookies and sharing of certain information, such as your mobile device model or the language your mobile device uses, by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. For additional information, please refer to the instructions provided by your mobile service provider or mobile device manufacturer.
- Email You may receive email from Fender for a variety of reasons. We respect your desire to manage email correspondence. You can manage your receipt of some types of communication by following the instructions included in the email we send you. However, note that even if you unsubscribe from certain email correspondences, we may still need to email you important transactional or administrative information.
- Transfer Personal Information to Countries Outside of European Economic Area
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Fender does not sell, rent or loan any of your personally identifiable information to any third party.
Fender may, however, use and share information with third-party suppliers specifically involved in the processing of your information received via Fender Play. Fender may also share your information with our foreign and domestic affiliates and subsidiaries and third-party suppliers, which may require sending your personal information to or from the United States and another country, subject to applicable data privacy laws and regulations.
With respect to purchases on Fender Play, we do not collect or store your full credit card information. Our credit card processing service provider will collect and store full payment card information from you to pay for your purchases from Fender Play.
In addition, Fender may use and share aggregated information that does not uniquely identify you when it enables Fender to improve and enrich our products and services.
Fender reserves the right to use and share your information where such disclosure may be required by law.
- ACCESS BY CHILDREN
Fender Play are not intended for use by children age under age 13. No one under age 13 is allowed to provide any personally identifiable information or use Fender public discussion areas, forums and chats or participate in any contests or any other promotional activities, and Fender does not knowingly collect or use information from children under age 13 through Fender Play.
To subscribe to newsletters and to participate in other activities where personal information is divulged on Fender Play, you must be age 16 or older. Minors under the age of 18 should get the permission of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before subscribing to anything on Fender Play.
If you are registered as a user with any Fender Play you may also receive commercial emails regarding Fender products, services, promotions and events. If you receive Fender's commercial email and would like to stop receiving commercial email in the future, you may opt-out of receiving it by clicking on the opt-out area within that email. Fender will only communicate with you according to your instructions.
Fender limits third party access to personally identifiable information collected on Fender Play to those parties that are engaged to process your information. Fender Play have security measures in place that we believe are reasonable to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under Fender's control. While Fender cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur, Fender uses industry standards, such as Secure Socket Layers (“SSL”) technology, to help safeguard against such occurrences. In certain instances, the information passed between your browser or device and the Fender system is encrypted with SSL technology to create a protected connection between you and Fender Play to ensure confidentiality. In the event that a breach into the Fender security systems occurs and there is a possibility that an unauthorized person acquired your personal information, Fender will notify you of the breach under applicable law. No transmission of information via the Internet can be entirely secure, however, so please always use caution when submitting personal information.
- ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
Fender Play may link to, or be linked to, other websites or applications not maintained by or related to Fender. Fender is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third parties or third-party websites or applications, including any third-party linked or linking websites or applications. To the extent that you disclose personally identifiable information to any such third parties, different rules may apply to their use and disclosure of personal information that you disclose to them. Fender encourages you to review the privacy policies of such websites or applications before disclosing your personal information to them.
- DO NOT TRACK
We will automatically collect cookies and other non-personally identifying information when you visit this site. Due to this automatic collection, we do not currently honor do not track requests. We also currently do not participate in any online ad network that tracks users across Fender Play and over time.
- RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what Personal Data (if any) we disclosed to third parties for that third-party’s direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Under Section 1798.83, we currently do not share any Personal Data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If we do decide to share your Personal Data with third parties for their marketing purposes, you may opt-out of this disclosure at any time by submitting a request to us at the address below.
It is important to note that this opt-out does not prohibit disclosures made for non-marketing purposes or for purposes of assisting us with our own marketing.
Additionally, if you are a registered user under the age of 18 and a resident of California, you may request removal of content you have posted to the Services. Please note that making such requests does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content. For example, we may retain the information for our own internal records, and it is also possible that a third-party we do not own or control may copy the posting and repost it elsewhere.
- CONTACTING US
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation
1575 N. Gower Street, Suite 170
Los Angeles, CA 90028